A popular saying has it that “A real friend is one whose WiFi connects automatically when she walks into your home”. But given how much your WiFi means to you, this wouldn’t be the case with everyone who drops by your home.
For example, that next door aunty who randomly walks into your home whenever she has some hot gossip to munch on. Or your naughty cousin who is forever trying to watch Youtube videos (for school homework of course) while he is at your place. Or your kaamwali bai who is always on the phone making an important conversation while she does the dishes and mops the floor.
Now, while these aren’t the kind of people you would openly like to share your WiFi with, there are many a instances when you cannot run away from doing so.
I’m sure, such instances got you secretly wishing for another way of sharing access to your WiFi – one that doesn’t involve spelling out the WiFi password loudly.
Well, your wait ends here.
With WiFire, you can now share your WiFi with anyone who drops by your home by texting her the link. Say you are trying to share your WiFi network named Bhai-Fi (because that’s how you roll) with someone. Here’s all that you got to do:
(1) Open the WiFire app and click on the share button next to the ‘Bhai-Fi’ network.
(2) You will now be taken to a list of WiFi networks around you.
(3) Click on the ‘Bhai-Fi’ network and type in the password (Note: this is for your eyes only).
(4) Once you have typed in your password you will receive this message.
(5) Now go back and click on the ‘share’ button below the ‘Bhai-Fi’ network.
(6) Choose the channel you wish to use to share the text link with your friend. Say you choose WhatsApp in this case.
(7) Your friend will now receive a message similar to this.
(8) Now all she has got to do is tap on the link. Once she taps she will receive a message similar to this.
(9) Clicking on ‘Awesome’ in the above screenshot, will take her to the WiFire app where she will find herself connected to ‘Bhai-Fi’ network.
Now next time she comes over to your place, WiFire will connect automatically to your WiFi. Easy peasy!
Wait, are you like wondering what’s the catch in this feature? Well, that’s the best part, there is no catch.
Your WiFi network remains private and is shared on a 1-on-1 basis with only those people who have received your link. It is not made available to the general public.
Once again WiFire saves the day.