Ever had that strong feeling that the apps on your mobile are leaving a huge hole in your pocket? You know, the kind of bad feeling that you get when, even the apps that you aren’t actively using are eating their way into your 3G or 4G mobile data.
Of course, one of the most commonly preached solutions to this problem is to restrict background mobile data. But then this will restrict all your mobile apps from accessing your mobile data.
Haven’t you wished for an easier way out of this? One which allowed you to choose the apps that should be blocked or restricted?
Well, your wait ends here.
With WiFire’s DataWall feature, you can selectively block the apps that have access to your mobile data and save up on data bills. Here’s all that you got to do:
1. Open the WiFire app and click on the second tab on the upper left end to open the DataWall feature.
2. The first step to saving your mobile data involves knowing how you have been using your data. Upon clicking on the second tab on the home screen (i.e opening the DataWall feature), you will see a meter depicting your data usage since you last booted your phone. This meter is broken down by mobile data and Wi-Fi usage.
3. Below that, you will see a DataWall window. Toggle on the switch that appears below the text ‘Enable DataWall’.
If you are enabling DataWall for the first time, you will be asked to first allow WiFire to set up a VPN connection on your mobile device. This is necessary as only then can WiFire regulate your mobile Internet traffic, based on your app preferences that your are about to provide.
Go ahead and click on ‘OK’ in the window that appears.
4. Next, you will be taken to a list of apps that are currently using mobile data.
5. You can individually select/deselect the apps you wish to block from using data by clicking on them.
6. You can even select/deselect all of them at once by clicking on the hamburger menu icon at the top right corner. Once you are done click on the tick mark at bottom right corner.
Now, next time you switch on your mobile data, all these apps will be blocked from accessing your data. Easy peasy! Saving on 3G data bills is a piece of cake with WiFire.
One important thing to note here is that, DataWall will be inactive while you’re on WiFi. Therefore all apps of your mobile device will be provided access to the Internet then.
Once again WiFire saves the day.