There’s good news for Mumbaikars looking to stay connected on their morning commute! The ambitious collaboration between Google and RailTel will soon be expanding its free WiFi from the inaugural location at Mumbai Central to several other key stations around the metro area.
Stations including CST, Bandra terminus, Thane, Vashi, Dadar, Kalyan, Kurla, Borivali, Churchgate and Panvel will be rolling out complimentary high-speed WiFi shortly, reports say. Users will be able to enjoy free WiFi for up to an hour, after which they will be charged to keep using the service.
To connect to these WiFi networks, RailWire recommends going through the following steps:
- Visit WiFi settings on your smartphone.
- Select the RailWire Network.
- Open your mobile browser.
- Log on to the Internet Broadband service provider, High Speed Broadband, Broadband service in Bangalore
- Enter your phone number on the WiFi login screen, and then press “Receive SMS”.
- You will receive a 4-digit one-time password (OTP) code in your phone through SMS. Enter the code at the WiFi login screen
- Click Done.
- You will notice a checkmark on your screen, which means that you are connected to the free WiFi.
With WiFire, you can simplify this process and connect with a single tap—no need to wait for the SMS text or enter the OTP. The app will take care of all of that for you!
Give it a try and let us know what you think. Enjoy!